MoMoEU: More Monitoring action in the EU!Editorial Team
Raising awareness and disseminating civic competences for active citizenship is essential to increase the fight against corruption, and young people are a key pillar in this vision. From housing shortages to inequality in education, corruption is at the root of many of the problems facing youth today.
Within this framework, we have embarked on a project that aims to empower and train youth to build monitorial communities against corruption. Meet MoMoEU!
The motivation for the MoMoEU project comes from the need to fulfil a lack of training opportunities which would educate youth workers on the specific topics of integrity education and civic monitoring, and would help them to improve the quality of their work and knowledge, as well as strengthen their digital competences.
Interactive and participatory materials and digital tools will be developed by MoMoEU partners and adapted to the different national contexts, and they will be very relevant to engage young people in transparency and corruption prevention issues, also through blended or fully digital (remote) activities. By providing youth workers with an innovative methodological approach and online educational resources, the project is well positioned to support young people in becoming the change makers in our society and to achieve a positive impact on future generations of adults. Greater dialogue, interaction and joint work with other actors from the youth work community of practice in MoMoEU partner countries will be promoted, uniting synergies and strengthening the links between youth, integrity education and anti-corruption fields.
Overall, consistent with the EU Youth Strategy 2019-2027, the project fosters citizenship competences and creates opportunities for young people to participate in public life in policy areas affecting their lives, with an innovative form of democratic participation aimed to tackle corruption with a bottom-up approach.
In line with the EU Digital Education Action Plan (2021-2027), the project supports the digitalisation of non-formal educational methods and pedagogies and the provision of digital resources required for inclusive and resilient remote and blended educational activities. Through participation in project activities and use of project results, youth workers will become digitally competent and confident, as well as they will be able to foster digital citizenship among their targeted young people.
Finally, the project responds to the provisions of the United Nations Convention against Corruption (UNCAC) for CSOs to promote anti-corruption education programmes and public participation in decision-making processes.
- Enlarge and strengthen the network promoting the central role of youth active citizenship against corruption across Europe
- Provide youth workers with simplified and immediately accessible contents and resources for non-formal digital education on culture of integrity and on community-based monitoring
- Provide youth workers with immersive educational escape games on project topics
- Increase capacities of youth workers in engaging and empowering youth on active citizenship against corruption through digital resources
- Production of 1 online educational path and 2 educational escape rooms on integrity education and community-based monitoring, available in 7 languages (DE, EN, ES, FR, IT, LT, MZ)
- Piloting and validation of digital outputs in 2 Transnational Digital Training with invited youth workers
- 6 local trainings for youth workers in MoMoEU partner countries
- 1 virtual Multiplier Event
- Produced quality online educational resources on integrity education and community-based monitoring
- Improved awareness, skills and competences of 90 trained youth workers in supporting young monitoring citizens in Europe and specifically in partner countries
- Increased synergies and youth work recognition among stakeholders coming from the broader fields of youth, education and anti-corruption work
This project is co-funded by the European Union (KA2, Cooperation partnerships in youth).
Project number: 2022-1-DE04-KA220-YOU-000089918
Project development: 15/12/2022 – 14/10/2024
mafianeindanke e.V. – Germany (leading partner) mafianeindanke.de
Eine Welt e.V. Leipzig – Germany einewelt-leipzig.de
Fondazione Gruppo Abele Onlus – Italy gruppoabele.org
Libera. Associazioni, nomi e numeri contro le mafie – Italy libera.it
Echanges et Partenariats – France echanges-partenariats.org
Mano Europa – Lithuania manoeuropa.org
Center for Knowledge Management – North Macedonia knowledge-center.org
Transparency International España – Spain transparencia.org.es