Training course “From Migration to integration” was scheduled to be implemented in 2020, however, due to COVID-19 pandemic was postponed to 2021 and will be implemented from 27 August to 5 September, 2021 in Bihac, Bosnia and Hercegovina.
About the project
The main focus of this project will be discussing inclusion of migrants and refugee population within European countries while finding effective methods which will implement social inclusion of these groups in youth work. We believe we can achieve this by using non-formal educational methods through networking. Educational part of the project will be focused on making the concept of migration better understood. Participants of this project will be introduced to variety of examples so they will understand better social implications which stand behind discrimination of these groups and it’s necessity for inclusion. Moreover, they will develop shared vision and effective approaches for making long-term commitments between each other. This is necessary for sustainable progress towards positive examples of inclusion of migrant and refugee population at both global and local levels.
Objectives of the project:
1. Increase knowledge and understanding about migrant and refugee population, their problems and needs.
2. Empower young people & youth workers to be advocates for activism & human rights.
3. Increase awareness among young people about the need to help migrants and refugees in local communities trough social inclusion
5. Inspiring participants to create new methods and tools that will facilitate future networking
6. Sharing experiences and good practices in relation to migrant and refugee population in the countries of partners
7. Promote Erasmus+ programme and non-formal education.
The project would consist of a 8 working days training course in Bihac, Bosnia and Herzegovina which is currently a hot spot for migrants and refugees influx in Europe soil. The activity will gather total 28 youth workers and youth leaders from 5 participating organizations from EU and Countries neighboring with EU (Turkey, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia).
Ireland, Lithuania, Italy, Portugal, Malta, Serbia, Turkey, Bosnia and Herzegovina.