Training Course “Youth Eco Entrepreneurs: From idea to rural development” gathered youth workers from 8 different countries and has been implemented in Palanga, Lithuania in April, 2019. During the mobility youth workers discussed and improved their knowledge on following topics: eco-entrepreneurship, entrepreneurship, eco-tourism, ecology, rural development, poverty and rural youth, Erasmus+ Programme.
Objectives of this project were:
– To reduce the poverty among young people with equipping youth workers in the field of eco-entrepreneurship.
– To increase the accessibility of young people in rural areas to labor market.
– To strengthen the youth workers on the topic of rural development with eco-tourism.
– To strengthen the networks of organizations engaged in the field ecology, rural development, entrepreneurship and youth work
– To increase the visibility of eco-touristic areas and promote the eco-tourism in Palanga and Klaipeda region.
Participants became aware about the importance of eco-tourism in relation with the eco-entrepreneurship, ecology and the participants ( youth workers ) enhanced know-how to include young people who has fewer opportunities as such geographical obstacles, economical and education obstacles as they live in the rural areas of the participating countries. With this project the participating organizations quality of the educational activities and programs ( based on entrepreneurship, ecology, rural development ) increased in a better way with the increased knowledge and competences of their volunteers’ and staff. In long run,participating organizations have opportunity to continue their cooperation with NGO’s across Europe working on the same topics under various programs in more intensive manner and also work on the topic of eco-entrepreneurship with the involvement of rural youth in their communities.
🇪🇺 Project was funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.